17 December 2007

It's Always Tea Time


Welcome, thou great tea enjoyers. This is the first post to a blog that came about for a number of ever-accumulating reasons.

1) I quite enjoy tea, and have for nearly a decade. Throughout that time, I have found myself increasingly diversifying in both learning and taste regarding tea. Naturally then, when I discovered it was indeed the popular blogging subject and that I had some free time in the mornings before work, starting this blog seemed almost past-due.

2) Despite the number of tea blogging done out there, I have found that quite a few of them are for the aficionado. While these are in fact enjoyable, I thought my start would allow for the beginner to learn some as well. This instead of having to be "steeped" in the culture already.

3) While not entirely based in my genetic heritage (I have a good portion of Portugi in me, and a tad of Germanic), my roots somehow still call me to the traditional drink of my ancestors: English, Irish and Scot alike.

4) There are a number of health benefits to drinking the beverage, including a calmer state of mind; whatever I can find to do that may help the quality of life for another, I find that something worth doing.

5) Despite the worldwide popularity, or perhaps because of it, there seems to be an under-appreciation of tea here in the States. My hope is that by doing this blog, I might show that the love of tea and its benefits is something transcendent of nationality or locale. A natural tea habit is something that could greatly benefit a vast majority of my fellow countrymen and women. I am fairly certain there will be a post specifically about that at a later time.

I can think of no better way to close this than by quoting that most famous work of Lewis Carroll, since the blog's name itself derives from one of his lines:

"Take some more tea," the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly.
"I've had nothing yet," Alice replied in an offended tone: "so I can't take more."
"You mean you can't take less," said the Hatter: "it's very easy to take more than nothing."

Please do take more than nothing from here. :)


Cheers,
Michael

No comments: